Wrightsville Beach recycling site is operated and maintained by New Hanover County Environmental Management. It is open 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.
Location is at the Municipal Complex, 321 Causeway Drive.
- Aluminum Cans and Steel Food Cans – any metal container used for soup, pet food, vegetables, condensed milk, etc. Please rinse the container to prevent attracting insects.
- Batteries – We accept alkaline and lithium batteries, rechargeable Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH), Lithium Ion (Li-Ion), and Nickel Cadmium (NiCad) batteries for recycling – just look for the light blue “igloo”.
- Cardboard – Please flatten cardboard boxes. Please do not place Styrofoam in the cardboard containers.
- Cartons – milk, juice, soup, broth, wine, cream, egg substitutes, etc.
- Glass Bottles and Jars – Please remove the lids and rinse out any food residue to avoid attracting insects.
- Mixed Paper – We accept office paper, magazines, paper bags, cereal and food boxes, craft paper, wrapping paper, junk mail, brochures, catalogues, and phone books.
- Newspaper – All the newspaper inserts can be recycled, too
- Plastic Containers – Please no plastic bags, films, or styrofoam. We accept milk jugs, soda and water bottles, detergent bottles, yogurt containers, microwaveable food trays, etc. (please rinse out food residue to avoid attracting insects). Leave the lids on the containers.
*All materials except for cardboard and glass can go into the “MIXED RECYCLING” containers
*No plastic bags please! Return them to a grocery store that offers plastic bag recycling