HURRICANE EVENT INFO FOR WB
September 20, 2018:
The curfew for Wrightsville Beach has been rescinded. The island is open to all. Welcome home!
HELPFUL INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ON THIS PAGE INCLUDING ANSWERS TO YOUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BY CLICKING THE LINKS ON THE LEFT OF THIS PAGE.
HURRICANE FLORENCE INFORMATION:
If you are a WB resident or member of the media and would like to sign up to receive our email correspondence, click here to subscribe and select either the Resident or Media list.
The Town's employees on the ground have tried hard to provide video of every area of Wrightsville Beach. View videos of Wrightsville Beach on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/WrightsvilleBeachPD/ or search Wrightsville Beach Police Department on Facebook.
September 18, 2018
Normal trash service will resume on Tuesday, September 18th. In addition, residential trash service will also run on Wednesday for the purpose of disposing perishable food waste such as refrigerator/freezer spoils. All perishable food items should be placed in plastic bags (tied) and deposited in the Town’s green trash container for collection.
* There will be ample time for you to clean up. Please place yard waste, white goods (with refrigerator and freezer doors removed and no food remaining), bulk household items such as carpets and furniture all in separate piles for removal (PLEASE DO NOT MIX THESE ITEMS TOGETHER, this will only delay pickups). There will be an update on when Disaster Debris Removal Service Trucks will arrive and a final deadline set for debris to be by the side of the road.
* Construction debris must be placed in a separate pile adjacent to the roadway (lumber, sheetrock, siding, etc.).
* Loose yard debris, such as leaves, should be placed in paper bags.
* Please cut large limbs into 4 foot sections and place in a vegetative debris pile.
* If you are located on a private street or in a private community, all Hurricane Debris must be brought to the nearest public Right-of-Way. The Town will not be reimbursed from FEMA for removing debris from private streets. Normal dumpster service with domestic trash only will continue to be serviced.
* No hazardous chemicals or paint will be accepted. Further information will be updated when New Hanover County Hazmat Wagon returns to their normal Wednesday service.
* DO NOT block fire hydrants.
* DO NOT block storm water drains and keep out of the roadway.
September 17, 2018
Re-Entry Instructions and Process for the Town of Wrightsville Beach
Click here to download the re-entry instructions, process, and forms for the Town of Wrightsville Beach.
September 16, 2018
Town of Wrightsville Beach
September 15, 2018
This schedule and location will be in effect until further notice.
For questions, please call 910-524-0092.
September 14, 2018 1:45 pm:
Town of Wrightsville Beach
Condition Assessment of the Town of Wrightsville Beach
September 13, 2018
September 12, 2018
September 11, 2018:
WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH TOWN OFFICIALS