Public Parks & Facilities at WB
The Town of Wrightsville Beach Parks and Recreation provides a variety of facilities and services that contribute significantly toward the community’s overall quality of life. The Town of Wrightsville Beach Parks and Recreation manages and operates the Wrightsville Beach Park and six (6) neighborhood parks and areas: Causeway Mini-Park, Greensboro Street Mini-Park, Island Drive Park, Lee’s Nature Park, South Channel Park and Wynn Plaza Waterfront Park.
Harbor Way Gardens, 321 Causeway Drive
Harbor Way Gardens Information
Come enjoy the peaceful splendor and beauty of this lovely gem maintained by the Harbor Island Garden Club. The Harbor Way Gardens are available by reservation for events such as weddings and garden parties. Please contact Wrightsville Beach Parks & Recreation at 910-256-7925 for more information. Visit the Club’s website to learn how you too can become involved and help support their efforts.
Wrightsville Beach Park, 321 Causeway Drive
Wrightsville Beach Park Inclusive Playground
- Aero Glider
- Wheelchair Swing
- Slides (6)
- Spin Cups
- Quattro See-Saw @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Unity Dome
- Cruise Line
- Wacky Log
- Cozy Cocoon @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Rockblocks Climbing Tunnel
- Swings (2 each) infant, belt, & accessible
- Ladder and Rope Climbers
- A Variety of Sensory Components @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Facilities Available for Reservation at Wrightsville Beach Park
For more information about reserving an area, please call the park office at 910-256-7925 or email ParksAndRecreation@towb.org.
- Fran Russ Recreation Center
- Softball Field
- Event Stage
- Covered Picnic Shelters
- Soccer Field
- Harbor Way Gardens
- Overflow Parking Field
Other Facilities at Wrightsville Beach Park:
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment
- Basketball Courts
- Tennis Courts: Three tennis courts are reserved for tennis use only on Wednesdays, Fridays, and two courts on Saturdays, from 7:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Pickleball Courts: Four permanent pickleball courts. Lines are painted on two tennis courts to allow for Pickleball play with your own portable pickleball nets. Courts are reserved on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, from 7:00 - 11:00 a.m. for pickleball play only.
- Public Restrooms
The John T. Nesbitt Loop
One of the most popular facilities offered by the Town of Wrightsville Beach is the John T. Nesbitt Loop. “The Loop” as it is locally addressed, is a walking/jogging looped trail approximately 2.45 miles long that runs along Causeway Drive, across the South Banks Channel Bridge onto the barrier island, along North Lumina Avenue to West Salisbury Street and then swings back until it reconnects with Causeway Drive. The trail provides a paved surface for walking/jogging as well as designated rest areas with water. The trail is approximately 4 feet wide and follows the designated pedestrian sidewalk.
Causeway Drive Mini-Park, 1 Causeway Drive
Causeway Drive Mini-Park Amenities:
A quiet respite with a protective fence to sit and watch the tide roll away under the bridge.
Greensboro Street Mini-Park, 12 West Greensboro Street
Greensboro Street Mini-Park Amenities:
- Playground Equipment with Swings and Climbing Wall
- Covered Picnic Shelter with Picnic Table
Island Drive Park, 30 Island Drive
Island Drive Park Amenities:
- Benches—Views of Motts Channel
- Trash Receptacle
- Dogi Pot Litter Bags Dispenser
- Concrete Steps Leading to Motts Channel
Lee's Nature Park, 453 Causeway Drive
Lee’s Nature Park Amenities:
- Bench—view of salt marsh on Harbor Island
- Nature oriented park for plant and bird identification
South Channel Park, 101 South Channel Drive
South Channel Park Amenities:
- Benches—Views of Banks Channel
- Steps Leading to Sand Area and Banks Channel
- Dogi Pot Litter Bags Dispenser
Wynn Plaza Waterfront Park, 2 Waynick Boulevard
Memorial to Lieutenant Robert M. Wynn, Firefighter, who gave his life in the service of his community on December 6, 1981.
Wynn Plaza Waterfront Park Amenities:
- Transient Dock
- Outdoor Shower
- Waterfront Walkway