Residential Parking Permits and Vehicle Tax Decals
Purchasing Parking Permits and Vehicle Tax Decals
Property owners in Wrightsville Beach are eligible to purchase up to 2 residential parking permits (hang tags) for $50 each. Permits can be purchased at the Parking Office at 321 Causeway Drive. In the event an owner releases residential parking permits to a tenant, the tenant will need to submit a notarized letter application form provided by the Town (attached in a link below) specifying the number of permits requested. Non-metered streets on Harbor Island will be parking by residential parking permit and/or vehicle identification decal only. These areas are enforced from March 1 - October 31st from 9am to 7pm.
Vehicle tax decals may also be purchased from the Pivot Parking office. This annual license tax, required per Town ordinances 70.35 - 70.39, is to be paid annually on or before the first day of April of each year. Vehicle tax decals also serve as identification for re-entry onto Wrightsville Beach in the event of a mandatory evacuation. It's important to purchase your vehicle tax decal before April. Sale of the decals ceases when a hurricane warning is issued.
Notorized Residential Parking Permit Application
Applicants for a Residential Parking Permit will need to show one of the following:
- A driver's license that matches the Town's property tax listing
- Another form of identification that identifies the individual as the property owner
- If you lease a property, a notarized residential parking permit application from the property owner giving permission to obtain that property's allocation of passes is required.
- If you lease a property that is handled by a property management group a notarized letter from the management group will be required in order to release the residential parking permits to the tenant.
- If a property is a multi-family unit registered as a single property, the property is eligible for only 2 passes.
- For each residential parking permit purchased, a vehicle tax decal must also be purchased with the residential parking permit if the owner of the vehicle resides in the Town for a period of 30 days (permanent or temporary residence) or if the vehicle is stored in the Town for any purpose either when in use or not in use.
- If you are not purchasing a residential parking permit, vehicle tax decals will still be required if the owner of the vehicle resides in the Town for a period of 30 days (permanent or temporary residence) or if the vehicle is stored in the Town for any purpose either when in use or not in use.
- Vehicle tax decals will also be required for those vehicles used and maintained and normally stored in the Town in connection with a business located in the Town.
Residential Parking Permits are valid in the following locations:
- Jack Parker Boulevard Lot
- On-Street metered spaces, unless otherwise noted on the meter.
Parking permits are not valid in the following locations:
- North Lumina Parking Lot ("L" shaped lot)
- Ocean View Parking Lot
- Moore's Inlet Parking Lot (beside Holiday Inn)
- South Lumina Parking Lot (across from Oceanic Restaurant)
- Wynn Plaza Parking Lot (at the corner of Waynick Blvd and Causeway Drive)
- 1-Hour Parking Only Metered Spaces (in the central business district)
- East Salisbury Street Parking Lot (adjacent to Johnnie Mercer's Pier)
- West Salisbury Street Parking Lot
- North Wrightsville Beach Lot (adjacent to Shell Island)
- On-street parking spaces on South Lumina between Sunset Street and the Northern edge of the South Lumina lot
Other Parking Passes Available
The Town of Wrightsville Beach also offers the parking pass options below for residents and visitors:
- Daily Pass - Available from pay stations for $25 per day
- Weekly Pass - Available at the parking office for $150 per week
- Contractor Pass - Available at the parking office for $10.00/Per Day/Per Vehicle