Job Title: Utility Maintenance Specialist
Hiring Pay Rate: $28,081 to $29,485 (DOQ)
Application Deadline: Open until filled
General Statement of Duties
This position requires the ability to perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work as a team member engaged in the construction, installation and repair of water and sewer lines. Work involves the operation of construction equipment in the installation, replacement and repair of water and sewer pipes. Also includes making taps to water and sewer mains, installing hydrants, meters, and valves, and making repairs to the water and sewer system. Employees are subject to on-call and call-back work.
· Operates heavy equipment and tapping machine to make water and sewer taps and service connections.
· Lays water and sewer pipe; adjusts pipe to proper grade and depth; repairs and replaces sewer and water lines and related facilities.
· Operates sewer rodder, jet, and vacuum machines to unstop sewer lines.
· Operates backhoe, front end loader, dump trucks, jackhammers, tampers, pipe threading machines, tapping machines, trenchers, air compressors, and boring machine. Makes repairs to storm drainage system, asphalt, and other utility cuts.
· Knowledge of municipal water and sewer service policies. Ability to read utility line
· maps and operation and service manuals.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities
· High school diploma (or GED equivalent); experience in construction-related work (including distribution and collection systems); experience in the operation of heavy equipment
· Possession of valid driver's license issued by the State of North Carolina.
Desired skills, knowledge and abilities
Possess or ability to obtain C-well, C-distribution or Collection II system operator certification from the State of North Carolina (or similar state recognition from another state).
How to Apply
You must submit a completed employment application and pre-employment consent form, which can be found on the Town’s website at www.townofwrightsvillebeach.com
Application can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to:
TOWN OF WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH
Attn: Human Resources Officer
PO Box 626
Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480
Fax: (910) 509-5026Email: firstname.lastname@example.org